The CEP Website is devoted to documenting:
- 1. Applications and products that employ any form of CEP
2. The latest research and developments in event processing
Complex Event Processing (CEP) is a technology for building and managing information systems including:
- Business Activity Monitoring
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Event-Driven Architectures
- Network and business level Security
- Real time conformance to regulations and policies.
CEP embodies principles for building applications that enable enterprises to keep pace with the information flowing through their IT systems. The goal of CEP is to enable the information contained in the events flowing through all of the layers of the enterprise IT infrastructure to be discovered, understood in terms of its impact on high level management goals and business processes, and acted upon in real time. This includes the events created by technologies such as RFID. CEP employs techniques such as detection of complex patterns of many events, event streams processing, event correlation and abstraction, event hierarchies, and relationships between events such as causality, membership, and timing. CEP can complement and contribute to technologies such as service oriented architecture (SOA), event driven architecture (EDA) and business process management (BPM).